Tuesday, November 15, 2011

“HOW TO TRAVEL LIGHT AND STILL LOOK GOOD”

I LOVE travelling, but there’s one thing about it that I can’t stand – the packing.
There were many websites that tell people how to pack only the main items. “Easy for you to say,” I muttered out loud to my computer screen. We women can’t live without our frills. What if my hairdryer is a main item to me? Still, I’ve managed to put together a list of my own on how to attempt to pack light:

1) Check the weather forecast and make a list of things needed. Never pack without a list as you are bound to either over-pack, or forget things.
2) Lay outfits on the bed and see which ones can be interchanged. For example, a pair of skinny white jeans would look awesome with a flowy top and big hat during the day, or even worn under a beautiful beaded kaftan tunic.
3) Go for double-duty items. Scarves, for example, are stylish, multi-functional and best of all, light! Accessorise your outfit or even handbag with them.Oversized shirts are also great to knot into a cropped shirt when sightseeing, and can function as your cover-up when you’re sipping mocktails by the beach.
4) Don’t waste any space in the suitcase. For example, stuff your handbags with light clothes or even your undergarments. That way, you have more room in your suitcase.
5) Roll your clothes! Rolled items are easier to squish into odd spaces in your suitcase and won’t crease as much as folded items.
6) Wear the bulkiest clothes, heaviest costume jewellery, highest shoes and biggest handbag while travelling. That way, your bags will have more room for other stuff.
If you have your own private jet, please disregard this article. Happy packing!


By VIVY YUSOF :-managing director of FashionValet.net.
alltherage@thestar.com.my

No comments: